Lee LeFever – Podcast Guest
Your audience may recognize my name.
I am known to most as the co-creator of Common Craft videos, which are credited with being the first “explainer” videos of the YouTube era. Our videos have been viewed over 50 million times online and we have worked with the world’s most respected companies.
I wrote The Art of Explanation in 2012 and it has been translated into eight languages.
My new book is called Big Enough – Building a Business That Scales with Your Lifestyle. It’s about a saner, healthier kind of entrepreneurship that focuses on quality of life and personal values. The book tells the decade long story of Common Craft, which we transformed over many years to be small, scalable, and easy to manage from home.
“Lee LeFever shows up prepared as an enthusiastic guest ready to share value with an audience. “
-Heneka Watkis Porter, Entrepreneurial You Podcast
Recent Podcast Appearance for BIG ENOUGH
- Building a StoryBrand with Donald Miller
- Mixergy with Andrew Warner
- Six Pixels of Separation with Mitch Joel
- Creative Warriors with Jeffrey Shaw
- Sketchnote Army with Mike Rhode
- Thoughtful Entrepreneur with Josh Elledge
- Simplify and Multiply with Terry Pappy
- Entrepreneurial You with Heneka Watkis-Porter
- Working From Your Happy Place with Belinda Ellsworth
- Soulfront with Scott Riddell
- Get the Balance Right with Heather Zeitzwolfe
- Fearless Business with Robin Waite
- Nineteen80 with Daniel Hoang
- Money Ripples with Chris Miles
- Business Storytelling Podcast with Christoph Trappe
- Talent Fuel with Shauna Swerland
- Live with Marcus Whitney
- Digging Deeper with Jason Falls
- If You Ask Betty with Betty Dannewitz
- Managing Partners with Jeffery and Jillian
- One-Eyed Man with Mike Stopforth
- Business Bound with Taesha Glasgow
- The Louis and Kyle Show
My Audio Setup
I use a Blue Yeti microphone and record in an office with a fiber-optic connection.
My Official Bio
Lee LeFever is the co-founder of Common Craft and author of two books: The Art of Explanation and Big Enough. Since 2007, Common Craft has won numerous awards, worked with respected brands like LEGO, Google, Intel, and Ford, and created original explainer videos that have earned over 50 million online video views. Today, Common Craft produces educational guides, ready-made videos and digital visuals that are used by educators in over 50 countries. Lee and his partner Sachi are Common Craft’s only employees and work from their home off the coast of Washington State.
Download Summary Documents
Topics to Discuss
I am happy to discuss a wide range of topics and consider myself well-informed. My central focus today relates to my book Big Enough, which is about our unconventional take on entrepreneurship and business design. Topics include:
- Why now is the time for entrepreneurs to think small
- The independent publishing revolution
- Why time is the new wealth
- New ways to think about shareholder value
- Intellectual property and the business of permission
- Living slower and more simply
- Working with a life partner/spouse from home
I am also happy to discuss anything related to Common Craft, explainer videos, book publishing, online courses, and internet culture.
If you’re looking for a bit of color, I’ve included a few notes about myself below.
- I live on a small island off the coast of Washington State called Orcas Island.
- I’ve worked from home since 2003 and have been blogging continually at commoncraft.com since then.
- I’m from North Carolina and grew up on my family’s goldfish and koi hatchery. My family still runs it.
- I’ve traveled to over 35 countries, including the Trans-Siberian Railway.
- My middle name is “Omar” making my initials “LOL”.
For Your Use: Podcasts Explained
This video is part of the Common Craft video library and meant to explain podcasts clearly. I am happy to provide this video to you, free of charge, for use on your website.
Further, I have a number of resources I can offer for give-aways and promotions. Along with signed books, I can offer Common Craft memberships, packs of Common Craft style visuals, and more.
A Few Stats
Via Common Craft and my personal networks, I have relatively broad reach and will promote the podcast to my audience.
12k+ newsletter subscribers
49k+ subscribers on YouTube
24k+ followers on Twitter
5k+ followers on Facebook
Let’s do a podcast together!
Ready for Rain is a personal newsletter
Each week, I share a story from my life, which usually involves a recent move to an island, building a custom home, publishing books, and running a business. Learn more.