Jeffrey Shaw of the Creative Warriors podcast is an amazing host. Before the episode, he sent over a document that provided his tips for preparing for the interview. It was helpful to know some of the questions to expect and to prepare my messaging. This isn’t a surprise, this kind of coaching is his thing.
These are the highlights from our talk, as listed by Jeffrey:
- Choice is power.
- The “good life” can come with being rich in ways other than money.
- If you’re going to have a business that’s ‘big enough’ you have to come to terms with the money that is just enough as well.
- Having your financial house in order gives you the power to choose what size business is enough.
- Gamifying your spending and saving can help put it in perspective.
- Studies show that making around $80K/year is where most feel satisfied with their lives whereas making over $200K/year often provides less satisfaction.
- Deciding on constraints up front can drive you to end with the business you truly want.
- Having a Lifestyle business doesn’t mean it’s not scalable.
- Self-employment brings more personal development than you might expect.